Friday, August 16, 2013

Sweet Summertime


Tuesday. 

I’m moving to Europe on Tuesday. 


image
This is me. 
Oh. My. God. I’m so stressed, my entire body is in pain. I am so on edge, I can’t sleep, and while I am excited, I feel like I won’t really get out of “OH MY GOSH WHAT THE HECK DID I SIGN UP FOR!?!?!” mode and into “WOOHOO! I’M GOING TO LIVE SOMEWHERE I’VE WANTED TO BE MY ENTIRE LIFE! THIS IS AWESOME!!” mode until my plane has landed and I’m in my new apartment. I am not a writer by any means, but if I have any skill at all with words it is not going to be apparent today. There is too much going on in my head to make any sense, and everything I say is going to come out as a jf;ajdfjapfoiwepfads.

I couldn’t have asked for a better summer. There were so many moments of perfection, such quality family time, and plenty of fun with two of my favorite sets of friends. How did I get so lucky!?

Some favorite parts:


Plenty of family time. Holly was home with me (even though she was working like an animal), and between us visiting Philidelphia and all of Krista’s visits, I saw more of her this summer than I did the rest of the year put together. In addition to the five of us being together, there were also plenty of extended family events. I couldn’t ask for a better family. 




Cayuga. Amazing food, jetskiing, more family time, and sunshine. Seriously, what could be better?






















Cats! We have the two cutest new little pets, Jack and Tucker.



Alfred Reunion. I wish I had been able to go for the whole camping weekend, and I wish I had taken pictures, but I’m so glad I got to spend some time with awesome AU folk, even if it was only for a day!


Lake Wallkill. LWK will always be home, even if we don’t have a cottage there anymore. Regatta this year was more fun than I ever remember it being, though I probably feel that every year.


I wish I had a Pensieve like Dumbledore and could put all my thoughts and memories in a jar and just go back and watch them over and over again. Well. I’m done with today’s rambling craziness and off to Cayuga for one last weekend at the lake!




No comments:

Post a Comment