Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Vivo Per Lei!

Last night I had another one of those moments where I just couldn’t believe that what was happening was really my life.

As you may have seen, seeing Andrea Bocelli preform has been a part of my bucket list for a long time. When my sisters and I were little and our parents would play his CD, we would try to trick people into thinking it was just our opera singing cousin and his friend Sofia practicing their newest songs (such tricky little kids), and we would belt along using fake-Italian made-up words to our favorites.

When a friend posted that he would be opening the EXPO in Milan, I knew I couldn’t miss it. A huge stage was set up in front of the Duomo, making it a very impressive scene (though one that made it difficult to see anything). A number of famous opera sings, pianists, and the orchestra from La Scala also performed, but Andrea Bocelli was who stole the show by far. I hardly have words (I never seem to be able to express things the way I’d like) for what happened, but it was magnificent. Standing in the Plaza del Duomo surrounded by hundreds people from all over the world who were here for the EXPO, and recognizing that I wasn’t a tourist, but a resident; looking up at the gorgeous architecture of what might be one of the most beautiful plazas in the world; listening to a singer I’ve loved since I was a little kid singing Nessun Dorma… I just don’t have words, but I can say that it brought tears to my eyes and gave me goose bumps. It was a moment I hope never to forget, and one that absolutely deserves a check on the ol’ bucket list.


The video isn’t the best quality, you can’t see too much, and doesn’t fully capture the experience, but I have watched it at least 10 times so far today and every time I feel grateful and close to tears. I’m a very lucky girl.



2 comments:

  1. Wow...now I feel bad that I didn't go :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jesye,
    My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Italy and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The expats on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. They must also speak English fluently and can be buyers or renters for their homes. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Joe Pinzone
    Casting Producer
    P: 212-231-7716
    Skype: Joefromnyc

    ReplyDelete